Monday, November 10, 2014

My New Treasure

My Weekend Find:

Pyrography Flemish Art

 Arts & Crafts Table

 
 
 
 
I've been coveting a pyrography table of my mom's for many a moon--and finally found my own! And it was only $18.00--Can we say steal!
 
Pyrography or Flemish Art was popular in the late 19th and early 20th century. "Pyrography" is writing with fire or using a heated metal tip to burn designs into soft wood. Unburned designs would be sold in kits where you could make boxes, book ends, frames etc., they were usually made as gifts and signed on the back with the givers name and the year made.
 
The great thing about  pyrography is its affordability, especially considering most pieces are almost 100 years old.
 
Can't wait to see what I find next weekend........
 
Kathleen
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment